VacationRentalsGiftCard.com Agency Terms & Conditions
Except where otherwise specified, we, Hotel Stay International Ltd of IMEX, Suite E19, 579-599 Maxted Road, Hemel Hempstead Industrial Estate, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7DX, trading as www.vacationrentalsgiftcard.com, act only as an agent in respect of all bookings we take and/or make on your behalf.
We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any accommodation or other services you purchase (“Arrangements”) or for the acts or omissions of any supplier/principal(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any Arrangements. For all Arrangements, your contract will be with the supplier of the arrangements in question (the ‘supplier/Principal(s)’).When making your booking we will arrange for you to enter into a contract with the applicable Supplier/Principal of the Arrangements. Your booking with us is subject to these Agency Terms and Conditions and the specific booking conditions of the relevant Supplier/Principal you contract with and you are advised to read both carefully prior to booking. The Supplier/Principal’s booking conditions may limit and/or exclude the Supplier/Principal’s liability to you. Copies of applicable booking conditions are available on request from us.
You may decide to make one or more bookings with us at the same time. The price charged in total for more than one booking will always equal the prices charged separately for each individual booking. All Arrangements are available to be purchased separately at the same price as they are when more than one booking is made. This means that any multiple bookings do not constitute a package as defined in the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
By making a booking with us, you agree that you:
- have read these Agency Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them;
- are over 18 years of age and where placing an order for services with age restrictions you declare that you and all members of your party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- accept financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
1. Our Price Guarantee At Vacationrentalsgiftcard.com we are unable to offer a price guarantee as all properties are owner managed and supplied at the best price on the market.
2. Booking and payment All bookings are required to be paid in full at the time of booking. You must also pay all applicable insurance premiums and booking fees. Payment is accepted by our secure booking process that uses the OGONE payment system. We accept most major debit/credit cards.
Once your booking has been made successfully you will receive an e-mail confirmation within one hour of making your booking. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and the Supplier/Principal will exist when we send you this email confirmation on their behalf. Should you not receive your e-mail confirmation within one hour of making your reservation please contact our advice line on 00 44 (0) 8446 606 007 (International: 0044 1442 840 413) and we will be able to assist.
Please check your confirmation carefully and report any incorrect or incomplete information to us within 24 hours of receipt. Please ensure that names are exactly as stated in the relevant passport. As we act only as booking agent, we have no responsibility for any errors in any documentation except where an error is made by us (and this is notified to us within 24 hours).
All transactions will show up on your bank statement as Hotel Stay International. Except where otherwise advised or stated in the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal concerned, all monies you pay to us for Arrangements will be held on behalf of the Supplier/Principal and forwarded on to the Supplier/Principal in accordance with our agreement with the Supplier/Principal.
You will require your e-mail confirmation on arrival at your destination hotel. The hotel may also require identification and a swipe of a debit/credit card for check-in purposes only.
Please note that we do NOT accept same day bookings.
Bookings made without using a valid voucher or gift card will also be cancelled immediately.
3. Prices We reserve the right to amend advertised prices at any time. We also reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. Special note: changes and errors sometimes occur. You must check the price of your chosen arrangements at the time of booking.
4. Insurance You are strongly recommended to take out personal travel insurance for all members of your party. Some Supplier/Principals require that you do so. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance you purchase is adequate and appropriate for your particular needs. Please read your policy details on receipt and take them with you on holiday.
5. Special requests If you have any special requests (for example dietary requirements, cots or room location), please let us know at the time of booking. We will pass on all such requests to the Supplier/Principal, but we can’t guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
6. Changes and Cancellations by you Any cancellation or amendment request must be sent to us in writing, by email, and will take effect from the time we receive it. Please ensure that you have received written confirmation of any changes to your booking prior to travel. Whilst we will try to assist, we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met. Amendments and cancellations can only be accepted in accordance with the booking conditions of the Supplier/Principal of the Arrangements. The Supplier/Principal may charge the cancellation or amendment charges shown in their booking conditions which are stated at the time of booking (which may be as much as 100% of the cost of the Arrangements and will normally increase closer to the date of departure). Please ensure you check these before confirming your booking.
Please note: some Supplier/Principals do not allow changes and therefore full cancellation charges will apply.
7. Changes and Cancellations by the Supplier/Principal We will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if the Supplier/Principal needs to make a significant change to your confirmed Arrangements or to cancel them. We will also liaise between you and the Supplier/Principal in relation to any alternative arrangements offered by the Supplier/Principal but we will have no further liability to you.
8. Our responsibility for your booking Your contract is with the Supplier/Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the Arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the commission we earn on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected). We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
9. Visa, passport and health requirements. Unless you tell us otherwise, we are entitled to assume that all members of your party are British citizens who hold or will hold full British passports valid for the entire duration of the Arrangements you chose to purchase. Information on visa, passport and health requirements, where given and applicable, is so given on this basis. Requirements may change and you are therefore strongly recommended to check the up to date position with the supplier of the arrangements, Passport Office, appropriate embassy or consulate or your doctor as applicable in good time before departure.
10. Complaints Because the contract for your Arrangements is between you and the Supplier/Principal, any queries or concerns should be addressed to them. If you have a problem whilst on holiday, this must be reported to the Supplier/Principal immediately. If you fail to follow this procedure there will be less opportunity for the Supplier/Principal to investigate and rectify your complaint. The amount of compensation you may be entitled to may therefore be reduced or extinguished as a result.
If you wish to complain when you return home, write to the Supplier/Principal. You will see their name and contact details in any confirmation documents we send you.
If you wish to complain about any service we have provided to you (i.e. our booking service) then please contact us directly.
If the matter cannot be resolved and it involves us or another ABTA member then it can be referred to the Alternative Dispute Resolution service arranged by ABTA. See clause 16.
11. Voucher Purchases & Voucher Expiry
11.1 Liability for Lost, Stolen or used vouchers
All Vacationrentalsgiftcard.com Gift vouchers are cash value and must be looked after by the purchaser and redeemer. All voucher codes can only be used once and Vacationrentalsgiftcard.com is not liable for lost or stolen vouchers or codes used by any other recipient other than the intended recipient for the voucher. We advise to keep all voucher codes safe and ensure that all recipient details are filled in correctly, especially ensuring the email address is correct. Vacationrentalsgiftcard.com under no circumstances will be held liable for any lost or damaged vouchers.
11.2 Voucher Expiry
All Vacationrentalsgiftcard.com Gift vouchers and gift cards hold an expiry date that is clearly stated on the voucher or gift card documentation provided at the time of purchase. Please ensure you read and check the expiry date at the time of receiving your voucher / gift card. The voucher and gift card expiry term starts from the point of purchase. Following the expiry date you will be unable to use your voucher / gift card. We are unable to extend vouchers and gift cards that have expired. Please ensure you use and enjoy your voucher or gift card before the expiry date.
11.3 Vouchers & Gift Cards refund policy
All Gift Vouchers & Gift Cards are non-refundable from date of purchase.
12. Replacement vouchers will be issued entirely at our discretion, and only ever to the purchaser of the original voucher and will be subject to security questions and checks. Once any vouchers and voucher codes are used, then the voucher can in NO WAY be refunded even if the user was not the recipient (in the case of lost or stolen voucher codes).
13. Law and Jurisdiction These Agency Terms & Conditions are governed by English law and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction (unless you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in which case you can bring proceedings in your local court under Scottish or Northern Irish law, as applicable.)
14. Accommodation Ratings and Standards All ratings are as provided by the relevant supplier. These are intended to give a guide to the services and facilities you should expect from your accommodation. Standards and ratings may vary between countries, as well as between suppliers. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given.
15. Documentation & Information All descriptions and content on our website or otherwise issued by us is done so on behalf of the supplier in question are intended to present a general idea of the services provided by the supplier in question. Not all details of the relevant services can be included on our website. All services shown are subject to availability. If you require any further details, in respect of any accommodation or any other services please contact us.
16. ABTA We are a Member of ABTA, membership number *ABTA123*. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA’s scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can’t resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA’s simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.